karaf-user mailing list archives

From "Brad Johnson" <bradj...@redhat.com>
Subject RE: karaf boot
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 21:03:43 GMT
I definitely like the direction of the Karaf Boot with the CDI, blueprint,
DS, etc. starters.  Now if we could integrate that with the Karaf profiles
and have standardized Karaf Boot containers to configure like tinkertoys
we'd be there.  I may work on some of that. I believe the synergy between
Karaf Boot and the profiles could be outstanding. It would make any
development easier by using all the standard OSGi libraries and mak
microservices a snap.

If we have a workable CDI version of service/reference annotation then I'm
not sure why I'd use DS. It may be that the external configuration of DS is
more fleshed out but CDI has so much by way of easy injection that it makes
coding and especially testing a lot easier.  I guess the CDI OSGi services
could leverage much of DS.  Dunno.

In any case, I think that's on the right track.

From: Christian Schneider [mailto:cschneider111@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Christian Schneider
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:52 AM
To: user@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Re: karaf boot

Sounds like you have a good case to validate karaf boot on.

Can you explain how you create your deployments now and what you are missing
in current karaf? Until now we only discussed internally about the scope and
requirements of karaf boot. It would be very valuable to get some input from
a real world case.

Christian