karaf-user mailing list archives

From "Brad Red Hat" <bradj...@redhat.com>
Subject RE: Karaf IoT
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 17:39:33 GMT
I'll certainly look at that a bit more. My concerns about Kura project have
as much to do with the project's level of abstraction and I can bring it up
there.   I did ask about their intentions with service interfaces.  As I've
dug into it deeper and thought about "the vision thing", to quote a US
president, I laid out some of those thoughts.

https://enjekt.org/2017/01/04/iot-and-the-abstraction-of-things/

Because it is an Eclipse project I wasn't sure that they'd be interested in
Karaf/Felix but can check. I've heard that they have, in fact, opened a Jira
ticket about it. So they may be interested.

It isn't just about a Karaf implementation although it is certainly about
that as well. I'm also concerned about the intermediary libraries/services
that abstract developers away from low level details of pin outs in order to
make application code portable.

Obviously the intermediate level concerns really don't belong with Kura or
Karaf so I won't discuss those here.  Suffice it to say I'd like to see that
intermediate set of libraries become a "sticky" place where developers and
sensor/actuator manufacturers go to add new high level device specific
bundles for use in applications.

Brad