Very simple, I hope, but days of research haven't found an answer that works yet.

How do change the configuration of Jetty in Karaf? As the simplest possible initial beginner's question, how do I turn on request logging?

The osgi-dev mailing list referred me here.

(I can actually see what it's doing with requests by setting the log level to DEBUG in org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg and then looking in data\log\karaf.log, but given the volume and format of output that's not a practical solution.

I've tried putting stuff like org.ops4j.pax.web.log.ncsa.format=yyyy_mm_dd.request.log in org.ops4j.paw.web.cfg but that doesn't seen to do anything.

I've tried creating a gibberish jetty.xml, pointed to by org.ops4j.pax.web.config.file in org.ops4j.paw.web.cfg, in the hope of getting some error messages about the gibberish, showing that at least something was reading the jetty.xml, but that didn't work. It didn't work doing the same via configuration.json either.

I haven't really found any actual *documentation* of any of the above, just snippets of example code, so all my attempts were probably wrong anyway.)
--
Tim Ward