karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: Apache Shiro in Karaf
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 16:27:48 GMT

> It seems that if I comment away the following line in etc/system.properties
> then the basic authentication goes away:

> *karaf.local.roles = admin,manager,viewer,systembundles*

> Not sure how this works. Would appreciate if someone could explain.

Except for the fact that one of my karaf installations is failing
mysteriously I have successfully used shiro basic authentication in
karaf.

The changes were:
 1. Added the ShiroFilter to the web.xml of my webapp
     https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn/blob/using-primefaces/ukelonn.bundle/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
 2. Added a shiro.ini file to the webapp
     https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn/blob/using-primefaces/ukelonn.bundle/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/shiro.ini
 3. Added a custom realm (maybe I can replace this by the JDBC realm...?
    But I was trying out stuff and learning as I created it)
      https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn/blob/using-primefaces/ukelonn.bundle/src/main/java/no/priv/bang/ukelonn/impl/UkelonnRealm.java
 4. Added a redirection in the main JSF page redirecting the admins to a
    different page (that's the preRenderView <f:event> tag)
      https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn/blob/using-primefaces/ukelonn.bundle/src/main/webapp/ukelonn.xhtml
 5. Added a redirect method to the bean serving the main JSF page
     https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn/blob/using-primefaces/ukelonn.bundle/src/main/java/no/priv/bang/ukelonn/impl/UkelonnController.java
 6. Pulled in shiro-core and shiro-web as runtime dependencies
     https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn/blob/using-primefaces/ukelonn.karaf/ukelonn/pom.xml

And that was it, basically.

I basically just followed the directions I found here, and adapted them
to a pax-web setting:
 http://balusc.omnifaces.org/2013/01/apache-shiro-is-it-ready-for-java-ee-6.html