karaf-user mailing list archives

From Tim Ward <...@telensa.com>
Subject Beginner's question - Jetty configuration
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 14:11:59 GMT
Very simple, I hope, but days of research haven't found an answer that
works yet.

How do change the configuration of Jetty in Karaf? As the simplest
possible initial beginner's question, how do I turn on request logging?

The osgi-dev mailing list referred me here.

(I can actually see what it's doing with requests by setting the log
level to DEBUG in org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg and then looking in
data\log\karaf.log, but given the volume and format of output that's not
a practical solution.

I've tried putting stuff like
org.ops4j.pax.web.log.ncsa.format=yyyy_mm_dd.request.log in
org.ops4j.paw.web.cfg but that doesn't seen to do anything.

I've tried creating a gibberish jetty.xml, pointed to by
org.ops4j.pax.web.config.file in org.ops4j.paw.web.cfg, in the hope of
getting some error messages about the gibberish, showing that at least
something was reading the jetty.xml, but that didn't work. It didn't
work doing the same via configuration.json either.

I haven't really found any actual *documentation* of any of the above,
just snippets of example code, so all my attempts were probably wrong
anyway.)

--
Tim Ward