karaf-user mailing list archives

From cniehues <christian.nieh...@its-telco.de>
Subject Installing drools-module causing infinite karaf restart
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 12:38:34 GMT
Hello,

when I install the drools-module 5.2.3.Final feature in karaf 4.0.7 beside
jpa, hibernate and camel-cxf it will cause infinite restart loop after the
first restart. The strange thing about it is that this behaviour only occurs
when I deploy it with a feature file. If I do it with manual steps from the
console everything is fine.

You should be able to reproduce it with afresh karaf 4.0.7 and the following
feature:

<features name="osgi-test"
xmlns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.3.0">

<repository>mvn:org.apache.camel.karaf/apache-camel/2.17.3/xml/features</repository>

<repository>mvn:org.drools/drools-karaf-features/6.5.0.Final/xml/features</repository>

<repository>mvn:org.hibernate/hibernate-osgi/5.2.3.Final/xml/karaf</repository>

    <feature name='osgi-test' description='pra-osgi-feature'
version='1.0.0'>
        <feature>jpa</feature>
        <feature>hibernate-orm</feature>
        <feature>camel-cxf</feature>
		  <feature>drools-module</feature>
    </feature>
</features>

I already took a look at the logfiles but saw no hint about what's causing
this issue.

btw: is the automatic restart a configurable behaviour?

Cheers
Christian