karaf-user mailing list archives

From Vince Iglehart <vince.igleh...@kniferiver.com>
Subject Karaf Datasource Passwords
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 15:34:26 GMT
Hello,
I am using Karaf version 4.0.5 with Camel 2.17.3.  I need to create a
datasource with the password encrypted and not available to the end user.  I
understand there are two ways to create a datasource in Karaf.

1. Use BluePrint - create an XML file and specify an encrypted password
using Jasypt.
2. Using Pax JDBC - create a .cfg file and specify clear text password.

I understand option 2 is the new and preferred way to create datasources as
option 1 is now deprecated.

My question is how do I hide the password for option 2 so that it is
encrypted and does not show up when executing ==> service:list
javax.sql.DataSource.

I read on osp4j that hidden properties are supported:
https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXJDBC/Create+DataSource+from+config

Therefore I can prepend the password property with a period inside of the
.cfg file, and it would hide the password.  However when I do that, the
datasource doesn't get created.

Thanks