karaf-user mailing list archives

From "Leschke, Scott" <SLesc...@medline.com>
Subject RE: service wrapper bug?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 19:55:10 GMT
Will do.

From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré [mailto:jb@nanthrax.net]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 2:52 PM
To: user@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Re: service wrapper bug?

Hi Scott

Can you create a Jira about that ? I will take a look.

Thanks
Regards
JB
On Aug 5, 2016, at 21:48, "Leschke, Scott" <SLeschke@medline.com<mailto:SLeschke@medline.com>>
wrote:
Ran into a minor issue using the service-wrapper feature on Karaf 4.0.5/Windows.

After installing the feature, we ran the wrapper:install command per the docs.  That worked
fine. When we tried to start the service though it failed.  Upon review, I saw that the {service-name}-wrapper.conf
file had the following lines in it.  This file is created under KARAF_BASE/etc.

wrapper.java.classpath.2=%KARAF_HOME%/lib/wrapper/*.jar
wrapper.java.library.path.1=%KARAF_HOME%/lib/wrapper/

I’ve redefined KARAF_BASE to be outside the KARAF_HOME hierarchy.  Changing these two lines
to the following allowed the service to start.

wrapper.java.classpath.2=%KARAF_BASE%/lib/wrapper/*.jar
wrapper.java.library.path.1=%KARAF_BASE%/lib/wrapper/

I’m assuming this is the correct solution as wrapper:install created the bin and lib folders
under KARAF_BASE (bin and lib) and not KARAF_HOME.
Would it also be fair to assume this is a known issue?

Regards,

Scott