karaf-user mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject transitive dependencies of feature descriptors
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 12:03:58 GMT
Folks, I wonder if someone else has found a way out of this.

Consider a project that builds an OSGi bundle by aggregating some non-OSGi
jar Maven dependencies. Those dependencies are in the dependency tree of
the resulting bundle.

Now, consider what happens if you generate a feature to contain that
bundle. You can carefully exclude artifactIds to ensure that these embedded
jars do not show up in the feature.xml as 'wrap' bundles.

However, there are still in the dependency graph of the feature itself.

So, when you write a dependency _on the feature_ to incorporate that
feature in a larger system, now the non-OSGi bundles are back in the
picture. You then have to write Maven <exclusions> for them all over again.

If I wrote a patch to the karaf-maven-plugin to exclude non-feature
dependencies of features, would some committer commit it?