karaf-user mailing list archives

From Hari Madhavan <madhav...@gmail.com>
Subject Karaf and Ace
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 11:32:18 GMT
Hi,

We are developing a health-care domain product and use Felix as the OSGI
implementation and Karaf as the platform for production deployment. One of
the requirements for the product is to be able to upgrade bundles
automatically across all deployments. I was looking to use Apache Ace to
achieve this.

While I could get the ace server and client to work independently, I could
not get a recent maven artefact tor the Ace client to deploy on Karaf.  I
noticed that the version on maven is more than 5 years old ( and incubator
status ).

Is ace the right product for providing automatic distribution of upgrades
for OSGI bundles when running on Karaf ? Are there other alternatives ?

Regards

Hari