karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Decanter dashboard?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 09:00:01 GMT
Hi Achim,

it's not a Decanter issue but a Karaf instance warning.

Let me explain.

Decanter JMX collector retrieves all MBeans in the MBean server and get
all attributes on the MBeans.

Especially, it gets the Karaf InstanceMBean, and it gets the "instances"
attribute (returning a tabular data of all Karaf instances, including
the root instance).

When we call "instances" attribute (even using jconsole or any JMX
client), the InstanceMBean connects using ssh on the instances to get
their current status (started or not).

So, the warning you are seeing is actually the log when the Decanter JMX
collector call the "instances" attribute on the InstanceMBean.

To avoid this, you can:
- if you don't care about this MBean, you can exclude the InstanceMBean
object name in the Decanter JMX collector configuration
- just turn OFF (or use WARN) for the logger (in
etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg, you just add
log4j.logger.org.apache.sshd.core=WARN)

Regards
JB

--