karaf-user mailing list archives

From Alex Soto <alex.s...@envieta.com>
Subject Re: SCR Reference annotation on field
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 12:57:54 GMT
Thank you Tim,  I knew the version was probably the issue, but I could not find version 6 of
org.osgi.compendium  in any of the public Maven repositories.
Do you know of a public Maven repository where I can get the artifact?

Best regards,
Alex soto

> On Aug 23, 2016, at 6:32 PM, Tim Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com> wrote:
>
> This is absolutely correct.
>
> The "Release 6" version of declarative services supports field injection. The "Release
5" version that you are depending on does not!

> Regards,
>
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 23 Aug 2016, at 22:43, Alex Soto <alex.soto@envieta.com <mailto:alex.soto@envieta.com>>
wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am new SCR, but based on the "The OSGi Alliance OSGi Compendium, Release 6 July
2015"  the Reference annotation can be applied to fields.
>> @Reference
>>
>> Identify the annotated member as a reference of a Service Component. When the annotation
is applied to a method, the method is the bind method of the reference. When the annotation
is applied to a field, the field will contain the bound service(s) of the reference. This
annotation is not processed at runtime by Service Component Runtime. It must be processed
by tools and used to add a Component Description to the bundle. In the generated Component
Description for a component, the references must be ordered in ascending lexicographical order
(using String.compareTo ) of the reference names.