karaf-user mailing list archives

From thully <tmh...@eng.ucsd.edu>
Subject Re: Application using Karaf - problems with packages not being exported by default configuration
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 22:48:02 GMT
I figured out why that was happening - it turns out we had packages listed in
org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra in custom.properties that were
overriding the defaults in config.properties. As such, Xerces was never
being exported, and org.apache.xerces.util isn't in boot delegation so we
can't get access to it that way. Once I moved the custom additions to
org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra from custom.properties to
config.properties, the bundle worked.

With that said, what would be the best practice as far as adding system
packages to a custom Karaf distribution and preserving the defaults? It
seems someone added these to our custom.properties a long time ago, and I
suspect they didn't realize it would prevent the defaults from being
exported (we can into the same issue with sun.* packages and bootdelegation
a while back).