karaf-user mailing list archives

From oski_bear <dariusham...@hotmail.com>
Subject Karaf 4.0.5 prerequisite feature not installed with correct version
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 05:04:58 GMT
I'm having a hard time with feature installation in Karaf 4.0.5. The latest
issue seems to be that Karaf 4.0.5 disregards the version specified for a
prerequisite feature. E.g.

<features name="my-features-${project.version}"
xmlns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.4.0">
  <feature name="feature-a" version="${project.version}" description="Some
feature">
    <feature prerequisite="true"
version="3.2.14.RELEASE_1">spring-orm</feature>
  </feature>
</features>

After the container starts up I see that multiple versions of the spring
feature are installed instead of just the 3.2.14.RELEASE_1 version that I
specified. Seems like a bug.

Also I've noticed:
* The karaf-maven-plugin completely disregards the order specified in the
<bootFeatures> section of its configuration. E.g. try configuring the
<bootFeatures> section of the karaf-maven-plugin, build your custom
container, then scratch your head at the seemingly completely random order
of the boot features property in the org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file. Why
can't it just generate the file with the boot features in the same order I
specified in the plugin? Can I fix this? Is there a workaround?
* What's up with the seemingly random restarts of the container and the
endless stream of "The specified feature: blah version blah is already
installed" messages? Why does this happen? If it's normal or expected
behavior what's the point of these annoying messages? How can I prevent this
situation?
* Why is that sometimes when features fail to install the shell becomes
completely unresponsive?

I don't remember installing and defining features being this frustrating in
karaf 2.x.