karaf-user mailing list archives

From AndyPhillips404 <andyphill...@fastmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshots always updating on remote repository
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:36:24 GMT
I think i'm getting closer to the issue.  Two things, i found out that there
appears to be a bug in PAX URL (although seems unrelated) when you set the
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultLocalRepoAsRemote to any value, (even if it is
false) the code assume it to be true:

if (m_propertyResolver.get(m_pid +
ServiceConstants.PROPERTY_LOCAL_REPO_AS_REMOTE) != null) {
                MavenRepositoryURL localRepository =
getDefaultLocalRepository();
                if (localRepository != null) {
                    repositoriesProperty.add(localRepository);
                }
            }

That, i am guess, is not intended.   If you set the value to true or false,
it includes the local in the repositories for resolution.  This is in
MavenConfiguraitonImpl.java line 306, which is run once to build the
repository list

If i remove the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultLocalRepoAsRemote, it still
doesn't solve the issue.

Further digging, i find out that the problem appears to be in org.eclipse
Aether library.   I still am digging, but i verified that the Aether
resolver does think the wrong snapshot version is the latest.   I am
guessing it has to do with the Cache.   With you change configuration, the
Pax Url Aether library creates a new resolver, which in turns creates a new
session in org.eclipse Aether.

I'm going to keep digging but thought i would send my progress....