karaf-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundle startup
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 03:12:20 GMT
Also be careful with your terminology.  “enabled” is normally something your don’t deal
with and without really special circumstances all your components should be configured as
enabled by default.  You’d have to have code to enable them otherwise.  I suspect you mean
“activated”? or maybe “satisfied”?

david jencks

> On May 3, 2016, at 8:09 PM, David Jencks <david.a.jencks@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There must be a lot more going on for this to fail.  This kind of situation normally
works fine with scr.  If you turn up ds logging, what do you see as the reason your component
won’t start?  What does the console say about the state of the component (assuming the console
uses the scr commands or equivalent info).

> thanks
> david jencks
>
>> On May 3, 2016, at 7:58 PM, David Leangen <apache@leangen.net> wrote:
>>

>> Hi!
>>
>> When I start up Karaf, all my bundles are activated, but a component service is one
bundle is not enabled.

>> The service does not start because it is not provided with a UserAdmin. Judging by
the ordering, this is surely true when the system starts.

>> When I log into the console (after all bundles have activated), I can see that there
is indeed a UserAdmin. If I restart my bundle, the UserAdmin dependency is wired and my component
gets enabled. If I restart the container after that, there are no problems. This problem only
occurs upon initial startup.

>> I suspect this is a bug with SCR. Likely, after the initial try, it does not try
to activate the component again even if it finds a UserAdmin. But before I file a bug, does
anybody have any suggestions as to how I can confirm?