karaf-user mailing list archives

From Daniel McGreal <d.j.mcgr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Servicemix elasticsearch bundle 2.x
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2016 20:41:54 GMT
PS I’ve been using the following

<plugin>
	<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
	<configuration>
		<instructions>
			<Bundle-SymbolicName>${project.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
			<Export-Package>org.elasticsearch.*;version=${pkgVersion};-split-package:=merge-first</Export-Package>
			<Import-Package>	<!-- Only the below have been investigated from functionality
used by Pulse
					prototype, i.e. don't expect all of ES to work! -->
				com.google.common.*,
				com.twitter.jsr166e,
				com.tdunning.math.stats,
				org.jboss.netty.*,
				com.carrotsearch.hppc.*,
				com.fasterxml.jackson.core.*,
				com.fasterxml.jackson.dataformat.smile.*,
				*;resolution:=optional
			</Import-Package>
			<Private-Package>
				org.joda.time.*;-split-package:=merge-first,
				org.apache.lucene.*;-split-package:=merge-first,
				META-INF.services;-split-package:=merge-first, <!-- This might be OK
				to be just 'first' as I'm assembling all the META-INF/servcies from lucene
				myself in src/main/resources -->
				config
			</Private-Package>
		</instructions>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

> On 2 Jan 2016, at 20:38, Daniel McGreal <d.j.mcgreal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi again,
> JB, I think you need to include org.joda.* packages in SM’s ES 2.x bundles (as per
1.x bundles) because they do crazy shit like put their own StrictISODateTimeFormat in org.joda.time.format.
> Dan.
>
>> On 9 Dec 2015, at 07:02, Daniel McGreal <d.j.mcgreal@gmail.com <mailto:d.j.mcgreal@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Jens,
>>
>> I don’t know about that SM bundle, (except that I thought when I used it that it
did bundle Joda - is Joda missing for previous versions) but from an ES perspective, they
official jars bundle selected Joda classes (split packages). Presumably this is because they’ve
been modified and ES might not work if paired with only the official Joda release classes.

>> Dan.
>>
>>> On 9 Dec 2015, at 06:03, Jens J Parappallil <jens.parappallil@ibsplc.com <mailto:jens.parappallil@ibsplc.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi JB,
>>>
>>> The elasticsearch jar has org.joda.time package bundled along with it but the
servicemix bundles in the repository has this package missing . This is causing ClassNotFound
errors. I don’t think including this package in the es bundle will fix the issue …
>>> Is there a workaround for this situation or should I go the path of creating
custom bundles for elasticsearch and joda ?

>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.joda.time.format.StrictISODateTimeFormat
not found by joda-time [65]
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1574)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:79)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:2018)
>>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)[:1.7.0_80]
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.getClassByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1415)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.searchImports(BundleWiringImpl.java:1595)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1525)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:79)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:2018)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jens
>>>

>>> DISCLAIMER: "The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies
of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the
accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment
and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage,
if any, direct or indirect."