karaf-user mailing list archives

From Daniel McGreal <d.j.mcgr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Servicemix elasticsearch bundle 2.x
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2016 20:38:25 GMT
Hi again,
JB, I think you need to include org.joda.* packages in SM’s ES 2.x bundles (as per 1.x bundles)
because they do crazy shit like put their own StrictISODateTimeFormat in org.joda.time.format.
Dan.

> On 9 Dec 2015, at 07:02, Daniel McGreal <d.j.mcgreal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jens,
>
> I don’t know about that SM bundle, (except that I thought when I used it that it did
bundle Joda - is Joda missing for previous versions) but from an ES perspective, they official
jars bundle selected Joda classes (split packages). Presumably this is because they’ve been
modified and ES might not work if paired with only the official Joda release classes.

> Dan.
>
>> On 9 Dec 2015, at 06:03, Jens J Parappallil <jens.parappallil@ibsplc.com <mailto:jens.parappallil@ibsplc.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi JB,
>>
>> The elasticsearch jar has org.joda.time package bundled along with it but the servicemix
bundles in the repository has this package missing . This is causing ClassNotFound errors.
I don’t think including this package in the es bundle will fix the issue …
>> Is there a workaround for this situation or should I go the path of creating custom
bundles for elasticsearch and joda ?

>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.joda.time.format.StrictISODateTimeFormat
not found by joda-time [65]
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1574)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:79)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:2018)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)[:1.7.0_80]
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.getClassByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1415)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.searchImports(BundleWiringImpl.java:1595)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1525)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:79)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:2018)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jens
>>

>> DISCLAIMER: "The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies
of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the
accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment
and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage,
if any, direct or indirect."