karaf-user mailing list archives

From Markus Rathgeb <maggu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Karaf: How to get Equinox DS working correctly
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:20:47 GMT
Hello,
I have to use the Equinox OSGi framework and Equinox DS in a Karaf container.

The Equinox OSGi framework is no problem at all.
I added "karaf.framework=equinox" to "etc/custom.properties" and started Karaf.

To install DS of Equinox I installed first the Equnix util bundle and
after that Equinox DS bundle:
bundle:install http://repository.grepcode.com/java/eclipse.org/4.4.1/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.util_1.0.500.v20130404-1337.jar
bundle:install http://repository.grepcode.com/java/eclipse.org/4.4.1/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.200.v20131126-2331.jar

The Equinox DS bundle could not be started because its
"Import-Package" line for
org.osgi.service.component;version="[1.1,1.3)"
It does not export org.osgi.service.component themselves as it is done
by org.apache.felix.scr.

Perhaps the difference between the two bundles are exact this one:
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/tutorials-examples-and-presentations/apache-felix-osgi-faq.html#should-a-service-providerconsumer-bundle-be-packaged-with-its-service-api-packages

So, but I have to use Equinox DS.

It is working, if I install the "org.eclipse.osgi.services" bundle,
but this could be incorrect similar to install a org.osgi.compendium
bundle.

I have already read the reply of JBO in this topic years ago:
http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Newbie-question-Useradmin-service-dependency-from-where-td4026903.html#a4026905

"You don't have (and must not ;)) put compendium jar in the deploy folder."

But which packages can be added to "org.osgi.framework.system.packages" at all?
The Equinox OSGi bundle does not contain the org.osgi.service.component package.

Same problem as DS also exists for Equinox Event bundle.

Ah, and if I installed "org.eclipse.osgi.services" feature:list will
not work until the next restart of Karaf.
But as I should not install the bundle, this just as a note.

Could you give me some tips?

Best regards,
Markus