karaf-user mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject Re: Using config admin to configure jetty (or tomcat?)
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 21:11:14 GMT
On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Achim Nierbeck <bcanhome@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Benson,
>
> I checked the docs, those are quite up to date.

In the interests of my sanity / ability to be helpful, can you explain
to me how  https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/webcontainer.html
correlates to something in git@github.com:ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web.git?
I guessed that ./pax-web-features/src/main/resources/jetty.xml might
be the relevant file, and that's why I thought there might be a
discrepancy. Or am I barking up the wrong tree altogether?

> But as Pax-Web uses an embedded jetty they'll need some extra care when
> being used with pax-web.
> some of those configurations need to use a slightly different syntax.
>
> regards, achim

>> I got the PAXWEB-868 parameters to work for me with custom.properties,
>> and that's what I need.
>>
>> I leave it to JB to figure out whether the Karaf doc page I linked
>> with the curious (to me) jetty.xml needs help.
>>
>> I used jolokia to spare myself further fighting with JMX and check on
>> the thread count.
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Achim Nierbeck <bcanhome@googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Benson,
>> >
>> > yes as I already mentioned you can also use a jetty.xml [1] to configure
>> > the
>> > container in addition to the configurations through config-admin
>> > service.
>> > Pax Web is a mediation layer, on top of Jetty, Tomcat and Undertow.
>> > The jetty.xml you reference to is from the org.eclipse Jetty Project.
>> >
>> > Regarding your second question, about how to connect to a Karaf run
>> > inside
>> > Docker.
>> > This depends if you expose the jmx port from inside of the docker
>> > container
>> > to the outside.
>> > As I don't know about your Docker container for Karaf and how you
>> > configured
>> > it, it's hard to tell.
>> >
>> > If you exposed your jmx port, just follow the description in the manual.
>> >
>> > regards, Achim
>> >
>> > [1] -
>> >
>> > http://ops4j.github.io/pax/web/SNAPSHOT/index.html#_advanced_jetty_configuration

Is there a way?