karaf-user mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Scheduler feature
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 07:46:43 GMT
Hi,

you need to make sure your job is of type
org.apache.karaf.scheduler.Job
as this is the type the service tracker is looking for.
This is the type you need to declare in the blueprint.xml.

regarding Karaf 4 and Pax Exam, take a look at the integration tests of Pax
Web.
We are using it very successfully. [1]

regards, Achim

[1] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/tree/master/pax-web-itest/pax-web-itest-karaf

> Im having a hard time getting this to work, I've tried both with the
> Karaf scheduler (blueprint) and the Sling scheduler (declarative
> services) but none of them seems to pickup the jobs. Im using karaf
> 3.0.4 since I cant get 4.0 to work with pax exam.
>
> I've been looking in source files of
> https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/master/scheduler/src/main but no
> tests are available. My bundle does boot up but are never scheduled.
>
> My job are here:
> https://paste.apache.org/1dQi
> Blueprint:
> https://paste.apache.org/mmTV
> Pax exam test:
> https://paste.apache.org/gsaN
>
> Any pointers are very much apreciated..
>

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Achim Nierbeck
> <bcanhome@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Ok, because of Decanter I did take a look at the current scheduler
> embedded
> > in Karaf.
> > It's much more sophisticated then I previously thought.
> >
> > First it's already Quarz based, second if you install it via the
> scheduler
> > feature you have commands to
> > 1/ list
> > 2/ schedule
> > 3/ unschedule
> >
> > Programmatically one can add a new scheduler via a Service
> > (whiteboard-pattern)
> >
> > regards, Achim

> >> yeah, a big +1 on the release :-)
> >>

> >> regards, Achim