karaf-user mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf Feature autoupdate
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:53:14 GMT
Hi Sriraman,

sorry to say but the features can't be "auto"-updated.

A feature.xml is more like a repository and is kind of static, therefore
you would need to register a new version of the feature.xml again
with a feature:repo-add

What can be done, though is to make sure you connect Karaf to an OBR (Karaf
Cave for example).
Now when you install or update a certain bundle it automatically can pull
in new requirements, updated external bundles etc.

Usually you want to have a stable enviroment for your application and not a
continous "re-deployment" unless you are talking of a CI/CD server.
In that case it usually is best to trigger the bundle update from the
outside.
Either from a "shell-script" with bundle:update or via JMX.
JMX can be "proxied" through to a REST call via Jolokia.

regards, Achim