karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: How to avoid getting two servicemix-specs versions when installing camel or cxf 's feature
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 15:28:47 GMT
Hi Aki,

We have different ways:
1/ we "align" CXF and Camel to the same spec bundle version. As spec
bundles are pretty stable in term of release, I think it's probably the
easiest move, but we don't actually fix the problem if we use old
version of one of the two.
2/ remove spec from CXF and Camel and put a spec feature directly in
Karaf, as we do for jetty, etc.
3/ provision spec bundle in the lib folder as we do for activator spec
bundle

Probably 2 would make sense. Anyway, we will have to update CXF and
Camel to refer to provided spec feature. With Karaf 4 and the new
feature resolver, it would be better to use feature requirements and let
the resolver deals with spec bundle.

Regards
JB

--