karaf-user mailing list archives

From garyhodgson <cont...@garyhodgson.com>
Subject Maven deploy direct to Karaf instance?
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 20:43:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm having a little trouble following what should be a relatively
straightforward example.  I am trying to directly deploy an artifact into a
running karaf instance using the mvn deploy:deploy-file command, as given
under the "Apache Maven" section of here
https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/remote.html, but maven
fails with an error:

  [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy-file (default-cli)
on project features: Failed to retrieve remote metadata
com.example:features:1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml: Could not transfer
metadata com.example:features:1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to
ssh-repository (scp://localhost:8104/system): Error occurred while
downloading 'com.example/features/1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml' from the
remote repository:Repository[ssh-repository|scp://localhost:8104/system]:
Exit code: 2 - \system\com.example\features\1.0-SNAPSHOT\maven-metadata.xml:
no such file or directory -> [Help 1]

There appears to be no such maven-metadata.xml files in any of the system
sub-directories of the instance.

Is this functionality still expected to be working? has anyone had any
experience doing something similar?

Cheers
Gary