karaf-user mailing list archives

From sreeraaman <sreeraa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf Feature autoupdate
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:42:55 GMT
hi JB,

Thanks for the quick update. Just to elaborate,

Our application is packaged as a set of features .

For third party dependencies, there is a separate feature.
For utility bundles, there is a separate feature.
For the application, there is a separate feature.

A change in any of these features should trigger an auto update.

bundle:watch would be painful to do for all the bundles inside the above
three features. Also, if a new bundle gets added to the above feature, then
again, we will have to track it by entering the bundle:watch command from
the karaf console.

We want to avoid the end users from logging in via the karaf console and do
something.

Hope this clarifies.

best regards
Sriraman.