karaf-user mailing list archives

From slim <slim.benhammo...@gmail.com>
Subject inject service using cxf
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:51:28 GMT
Hello,
I'm a new Karaf user and I'm facing a problem trying to mix Karaf, camel,
cxf and JPA (hibernate)/postgresql and make them to work together.

I followed this tutorial
http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2012/01/13/Apache+Karaf+Tutorial+Part+6+-+Database+Access
to understand how to work with JPA, I migrate it to postgresql and it worked
like a charm. Now, I'm trying to call my services through cxf. I created a
sample based on this tutorial:
http://rerun.me/2013/09/01/building-cxf-rest-service-in-osgi-for-karaf/ (the
tutorial worked for me) that combines karaf, cxf, postgresql and JPA but I'm
failing to make it works. the problem is due to a null pointer exception
during REST service call. It seems like the service is not injected when the
service is executed. I tried to use the @PostConstruct annotation on service
method but nothing changed. It keeps providing an error. Anyone faced the
same issue? please let me know if you need a code sample, I will upload it
on a public repo

PS. I'm using Karaf 3.0.4, cxf 2.7.11, postgresql 9.1, JPA 2.1, hibrenate
4.3.6.FINAL: these are the only versions that worked together for me

Many Thanks
Slim