Hi,

I think I've seen this behavior too. AFAIC this is a bug.
Do you happen to have a scenario where it's really reproducible?
Could you open a issue for it?

Thanks, Achim

I understand that access to MBeans is protected via RBAC mechanism:

   http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/monitoring.html

However, is this also the case for code running inside Karaf?
E.g. when doing

   MBeanServer mbs = ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer();

it seems I can access all MBeans without requiring a username/password.

However, this is not reliable.
Depending on startup timing (or something else), _sometimes_
I receive "Insufficient roles/credentials for operation" for a query,
indicating that KarafMBeanServerGuard is intervening.

--

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead