karaf-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Karaf JTA and JDBC DataSource
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:07:57 GMT
I was talking about aries jpa. Which also wraps connections internally.

You are right that pax-jdbc-pool-aries is also an option to work with. I
am less familiar with it though. So would be great if you could add a
bit of documentation for it on the pax-jdbc site. I think the key to
make people use a good library is good documentation.

pax-jdbc-pool-dbcp2 should generally work as well as the aries one. It
also does the auto tx enlistment. The only thing that Guillaume Nodet
told me is that it has a bug when the server crashes where then
transaction might get lost. I hve not experienced it myself but it might
be a limitation.

Christian