karaf-user mailing list archives

From ellirael <ellir...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: Karaf JTA and JDBC DataSource
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:52:59 GMT
Christian, thanks. You're right. Coonnection doesn't take part in
transaction. And it is strange for me that I cannot use declarative
transactions in Karaf with JDBC.

Please, explain me, why I should use pax-jdbc in both cases?
Afaik, database drivers includes XADataSource implementation that supports
pooling. I can simply create blueprint file like that created with
jdbc:create command.
How aries wrapper links with pooling? Pooling usualy emplemented by
DataSource.

Read your tutorials. Thanks for info about blueprint-maven plugin.
Is it impossible now to use declarative JTA with JDBC?

Does JTA delegate transaction to JDBCConnection when only one Resource in
transaction and it is DstaSource? I mean if I use manual correct way:
getTransManager, enslitRes and so on. I'm afraid that XA transaction takes
much more time and resources than Database transaction.