karaf-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Shamsi <m.h.sh...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF - No DestinationFactory for Http Transport
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 09:24:02 GMT
Hi,

I've a relatively simple REST bundle, in karaf 2.3, with following
blueprint config:

 <jaxrs:server id="foo-id" address="/foo">
   <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
      <bean id="bean-id" class="sample.Foo" />
   </jaxrs:serviceBeans>
 </jaxrs:server>

Sometimes, during karaf startup, following exception is thrown:

Caused by: org.apache.cxf.BusException: No DestinationFactory was
found for the namespace http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http.

        at org.apache.cxf.bus.managers.DestinationFactoryManagerImpl.getDestinationFactory(DestinationFactoryManagerImpl.java:130)

And therefore bundle installation (my rest bundle) fails.
As I said, the problem is happening randomly, i believe, depending on
bundles start order. Sometime the http-transport bundle is installed and
started after my bundle, which causes the above issue. If I refresh or
update my bundle, it starts successfully.

Given that http-transport is used by cxf and my bundle doesn't have direct
dependency to it (not using any package from it), How can i make sure that
http-transport starts before my bundle?

Cheers,
Mohammad Shamsi