karaf-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Schmidt <ktschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bundle corruption with felix and karaf 3.0.2
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 08:06:48 GMT
One case I've seen, this issue occurs when ActiveMQ is being used and gets
shutdown as part of the Blueprint shutdown that doesn't seem to follow the
reverse start-level shutdown.  Then AMQ clients that aren't using Blueprint
have issues as they are trying to reconnect and don't shutdown.

I found that there is a setting,
org.apache.aries.blueprint.preemptiveShutdown, which defaults to true but
when set to false seems to help this issue.  But what is the impact or
side-effects of setting it to false?  Will the shutdown just take longer in
this case?  Or is there something else to be aware of?