karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Disabling authorization in Karaf webconsole
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 09:38:56 GMT
Hi Frank,

the authentication is defined in the WebConsole branding bundle.

In the branding OSGI-INF/blueprint/webconsole.xml, you can see:

<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"

xmlns:cm="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-cm/v1.0.0"
            default-activation="lazy">

     <cm:property-placeholder persistent-id="org.apache.karaf.webconsole">
         <cm:default-properties>
             <cm:property name="realm" value="karaf"/>
             <cm:property name="role" value="admin"/>
         </cm:default-properties>
     </cm:property-placeholder>

     <bean id="securityProvider"
class="org.apache.karaf.webconsole.JaasSecurityProvider">
         <property name="realm" value="${realm}"/>
         <property name="role" value="${role}"/>
     </bean>

     <service auto-export="interfaces" ref="securityProvider" />

</blueprint>

Just remove this part to disable the authentication (removing the
securityProvider service is enough).

However, it's not possible to disable it (I will create a Jira for
that), so you have to tune the provided branding bundle.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré