karaf-user mailing list archives

From asookazian2 <asookaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bundle corruption with felix and karaf 3.0.2
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 23:21:02 GMT
Please answer the question below regarding usage of
org.apache.aries.blueprint.preemptiveShutdown=false.  any repercussions of
doing this?

Also, is there any documentation on this and any other system properties
that are "hidden"?  Perhaps this one should be explicitly set to true/false
by default in the system.properties file?

schmke wrote
> One case I've seen, this issue occurs when ActiveMQ is being used and gets
> shutdown as part of the Blueprint shutdown that doesn't seem to follow the
> reverse start-level shutdown.  Then AMQ clients that aren't using
> Blueprint
> have issues as they are trying to reconnect and don't shutdown.
>
> I found that there is a setting,
> org.apache.aries.blueprint.preemptiveShutdown, which defaults to true but
> when set to false seems to help this issue.  But what is the impact or
> side-effects of setting it to false?  Will the shutdown just take longer
> in
> this case?  Or is there something else to be aware of?
>
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré &lt;

> jb@

> &gt;
> wrote:
>
>> We have a Jira about that, it's related to Felix framework and bundle
>> cache corruption. Just delete the cache fixes the issue but I'm looking
>> for
>> a more reliable workaround (in Karaf).
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 01/08/2015 01:12 AM, asookazian2 wrote:
>>
>>> Karaf 3.0.2
>>>
>>> we are seeing intermittent hanging on halt (shutdown) of karaf.  we then
>>> use
>>> 'kill -9' on karaf java process.  then, sometimes after a restart, we
>>> are
>>> seeing some bundles (typically the last n bundles) in 'installed' state.
>>> believe I saw on this forum JB commented the root cause of this is a
>>> felix
>>> bug.  Any details on this JIRA, etc. and when it may be fixed?  Has
>>> anybody
>>> else seen this behavior?
>>>
>>> In the log we are seeing:
>>>
>>> 20150107 15:38:22.613 [WARN ] ActiveMQ Task-3 |
>>> 147:org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi |
>>> org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport | Failed to
>>> connect