What's the advantage in switching to DS in Karaf 4.x then?

On Mar 4, 2014 2:37 AM, "Achim Nierbeck" <bcanhome@googlemail.com> wrote:
I don't think there are any awailable yet,
and actually I don't expect there to be much of a difference.
Both are basically doing the same thing.
Blueprint does have an extender that will do the wiring for you,
so there might be a "overhead" on the start of the bundle ...
but I don't expect there to be an overhead later on, or at least not
significant.
DS is just a "convenience-wrapper" for standard OSGi technology.
During build-time the BND or what ever will transform the annotations to
Service-Trackers and Service Registrations.

At the end it boils down to services and service-trackers that are
"hidden" for the user, either by a xml syntax and an extender, or an
annotation and a build time enhancement.

regards, Achim

Any info on perf metrics on DS vs. BP?  thx.