karaf-user mailing list archives

From Daniel McGreal <dan...@redbite.com>
Subject Re: Karaf & Java8
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:27:22 GMT
I think that's the part of the startup script that tries to parse the version out of a call
to /whichever/java -version
From memory, the script isn't capable of interpreting Java versions that are not reported
as x.x.x.

Though that doesn't prevent startup. I have had startups seemingly 'hang' when the instance
wasn't able to connect to its online feature repository.

On 19 Mar 2014, at 12:17, CLEMENT Jean-Philippe wrote:

> I tried the lastest 3.0.1-SNAPSHOT (not 3.1.0 yet) on RHEL6 and I get the following error
message:
>             ./karaf: line 242: [: : integer expression expected
>
> Don’t know why but karaf does not start at all.
>
> PS: apache-karaf-3.0.1-20140319.004654-68.tar.gz
>
> Regards,
> JP

with the 4.x versions) and provides full support for the new Java 8 class format features.
However, new dynamic checks have been added in order to make sure that ASM version numbers
(e.g.
> > Opcodes.ASM4, Opcodes.ASM5, etc) are correctly used at runtime by subclasses of
the ASM classes (as documented in the API).

> > Another major difference is that
> > visitMethodInsn(int,String,String,String) is now deprecated, and replaced with visitMethodInsn(int,String,String,String,boolean)
-- in order to support invokespecial and invokestatic on interfaces in Java 8.
> > Visitors declared with the Opcodes.ASM5 version MUST use this new
> > method instead of the deprecated one (old visitors using the
> > Opcodes.ASM4 and using the deprecated method will continue to work).
> > See chapters 5 and
> > 10 of the User Guide
> > (http://download.forge.objectweb.org/asm/asm4-guide.pdf) for more details."
> >
> > I'm not familiar with ASM at all, but I would like to get Java 8
> > support :)
> >
> > How may I help? Is there already a Karaf 3.1.0 beta version?
> >
> > Regards,
> > JP

the v5-beta with same start level and removed the old one. For the moment it seems to work
with Java 8, the only thing is that the log is full of "unable to create a proxy object for
... returning the original object instead."

> >> JP

So not sure it will work "out of the box".

> >> Regards
> >> JB

Jira).