karaf-user mailing list archives

From Richard Kettelerij <richardkettele...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: which API to edit .cfg in Karaf at runtime?
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 19:43:00 GMT
Hi Brock,

Karaf exposes OSGi ConfigAdmin through JMX. Take a look at the MBeans
under org.apache.karaf:type=config [1].

Note that .cfg files are not necessary involved. The whole .cfg files thing
in Karaf is just an abstraction around OSGi ConfigAdmin provided by Felix
FileInstall. Just as the Karaf config shell commands and the Karaf
ConfigMBean are an abstraction around OSGi ConfigAdmin.

If you don't like working with JMX directly I suggest you look at Jolokia
[2], which is a JMX-to-HTTP/JSON bridge. For example hawt.io [3] also
leverages Jolokia to manage various Java frameworks including Karaf.

[1] http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/users-guide/jmx.html
[2] http://www.jolokia.org/
[3] http://hawt.io

Kind regards,