karaf-user mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: performance metrics blueprint vs. declarative services in karaf 3.0.x
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 07:36:30 GMT
I don't think there are any awailable yet,
and actually I don't expect there to be much of a difference.
Both are basically doing the same thing.
Blueprint does have an extender that will do the wiring for you,
so there might be a "overhead" on the start of the bundle ...
but I don't expect there to be an overhead later on, or at least not
significant.
DS is just a "convenience-wrapper" for standard OSGi technology.
During build-time the BND or what ever will transform the annotations to
Service-Trackers and Service Registrations.

At the end it boils down to services and service-trackers that are
"hidden" for the user, either by a xml syntax and an extender, or an
annotation and a build time enhancement.

regards, Achim