karaf-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Karaf 4.x and declarative services
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2014 07:19:48 GMT
The idea is to replace blueprint with ds for karaf itself.
So the smallest version of karaf 4 will not include blueprint.

Of course there will then be a blueprint feature so you can easily
install blueprint if you need it for your application.
So from a user point of view the main difference would be that you need
to depend on the blueprint service if you need it.
We will make sure to introduce the blueprint feature already in 3.x so
you can prepare for this early.

Christian