karaf-user mailing list archives

From CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <jean-philippe.clem...@fr.thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: Karaf & Java8
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:36:31 GMT
Did try Karaf 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT but it seems the javafx classes not to be found:
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.application.Application

I added the javafx packages in the jre.properties, the same way I did for Karaf 3.0.0 (which
works).

Any idea what's wrong?

Regards,
JP

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jean-Baptiste Onofré [mailto:jb@nanthrax.net]
Envoyé : mercredi 19 mars 2014 10:19
À : user@karaf.apache.org
Objet : Re: Karaf & Java8

Hi JP,

FYI, I updated the Jira this morning, I will work on ASM5 update today.

Regards
JB

On 03/19/2014 09:26 AM, CLEMENT Jean-Philippe wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> How may I download the 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT?
>
> Regards,
> JP
>
> [@@ THALES GROUP INTERNAL @@]

with the 4.x versions) and provides full support for the new Java 8 class format features.
However, new dynamic checks have been added in order to make sure that ASM version numbers
(e.g.
>> Opcodes.ASM4, Opcodes.ASM5, etc) are correctly used at runtime by subclasses of the
ASM classes (as documented in the API).

>> Another major difference is that
>> visitMethodInsn(int,String,String,String) is now deprecated, and replaced with visitMethodInsn(int,String,String,String,boolean)
-- in order to support invokespecial and invokestatic on interfaces in Java 8.
>> Visitors declared with the Opcodes.ASM5 version MUST use this new
>> method instead of the deprecated one (old visitors using the
>> Opcodes.ASM4 and using the deprecated method will continue to work).
>> See chapters 5 and
>> 10 of the User Guide
>> (http://download.forge.objectweb.org/asm/asm4-guide.pdf) for more details."
>>
>> I'm not familiar with ASM at all, but I would like to get Java 8
>> support :)
>>
>> How may I help? Is there already a Karaf 3.1.0 beta version?
>>
>> Regards,
>> JP

the v5-beta with same start level and removed the old one. For the moment it seems to work
with Java 8, the only thing is that the log is full of "unable to create a proxy object for
... returning the original object instead."

>>> JP

So not sure it will work "out of the box".

>>> Regards
>>> JB

Jira).

--