karaf-user mailing list archives

From MarkD <markjohndo...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Custom distribution in 3.0.0 doesn't quite work with code upgraded from 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:38:29 GMT
Yes, Jean is correct.

We build a custom distribution using a hand crafted features file (the maven
plugin doesn't seem to work in a multi-module project although I haven't
checked in a while) and the karaf maven plugin. We have a dedicated project
that consists only of a pom. This describes dependencies upon a set of
features xml files and runs the karaf maven plugin:

https://github.com/JohannesKlug/hbird/blob/master/src/hbird-karaf/hbird-platform/pom.xml

Once we have the distribution we can start it up with the normal scripts,
that is, those in the bin dir. That's when things begin to go wrong.