karaf-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Moquin <fragility...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No console with Karaf 3
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 08:15:18 GMT
This might just be indicating that somehow you had the needed dependencies
for 2.3.3 already in the default maven repository location, but didn't for
karaf 3.0.0...  by default everything should have been available already
downloaded but maybe you had something in the deploy directory?  Or maybe
it was just a finnicky thing with Maven?  I've had Karaf 3.0.0 running on
Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 without any issues.  I know Maven like the back of my
hand so that is always setup right.  I have seen instances where if a
connection can't be made by Maven to at least retrieve a metadata xml file
about an artifact it will fail the retrieval and in this case it could
cause Karaf not to start up.  I'd say this is guarenteed to be related to
an artifact resolution issue due to Maven not being able to communicate
through the proxy when Karaf 3.0.0 starts up for whatever reason.  With a
correctly functioning Maven you should have no issue.  If you still do,
there will be something in the karaf log to indicate the issue.  Post the
error and I'm sure I (and others) will be able to help you past the issue.

Also, your settings.xml by default should be in the
.m2 directory of the user running karaf.  The local maven repo will be
created there as well.

Also, not sure what version of Maven you are using, but it just occured to
me the other day that I was having some weird issues with Maven 3.0.3 and
Maven 3.0.4 running behind a proxy.  When I used the latest 3.1.1 (I think
is the latest), I didn't have that same error (which I never saw on any
other Windows boxes).

Ryan