karaf-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Moquin <fragility...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non standard Blueprint properties
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 15:48:53 GMT
I THINK this might work, at least it does with certain DI frameworks by
nature of how they need to work.  When a property is looked up, it isn't
visible because it's private.  As a result, I don't think the property is
actually looked up, I think the setter for whatever "setterified or
getterfied" name of the propery specified in the config is actually looked
up.  So basically, you can reference a non existing property, as long as it
translates into a setter or getter that exists, irregardless of whether the
property exists.

Also, sometimes you can annotate a setter or getter and change the name of
thw property associated with it.  If the Aries guys didn't respond with
that, maybe it's not an option.  I'd give my first suggestion a try.. it's
not pretty, but it may work.  The setter and getter lookup is based on a
standard conversion of the property name anyhow.

Hope that helps and works.

Ryan