karaf-user mailing list archives

From Henryk Konsek <hekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf samples/quickstarts
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 20:16:51 GMT
Hi Krzysiek,

> I'd like to ask you whether we want to have some samples  in Karaf like in
> ServiceMix or JBoss Fuse

I think that all additional examples would be highly appreciated by
the community. There are many many use cases not covered by
documentation/books/blogs/GitHub.

One of the biggest repository of runnable samples is Fuse By Example
[1]. I also started to maintain my own [2] - oriented mainly on small
runnable PaxExam-based Maven projects that I can easily pick up when
working with the customers. I prefer to run Exam tests against the
vanilla Karaf.

Regarding the size of the examples - I prefer as small examples as
possible. Examples I sent to customers usually demonstrates single
issue.

If you have some sample you might share with the community - please do
share :) .

Cheers.

[1] https://github.com/FuseByExample
[2] https://github.com/hekonsek/fuse-pocs