karaf-user mailing list archives

From CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <jean-philippe.clem...@fr.thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: Non standard Blueprint properties
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 17:55:47 GMT
Hi Ryan,

In concrete terms, what am I supposed to do ?

JP

[@@ THALES GROUP INTERNAL @@]

De : Ryan Moquin [mailto:fragility2.0@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 7 janvier 2014 16:49
À : user@karaf.apache.org
Objet : Re: Non standard Blueprint properties

I THINK this might work, at least it does with certain DI frameworks by nature of how they
need to work.  When a property is looked up, it isn't visible because it's private.  As a
result, I don't think the property is actually looked up, I think the setter for whatever
"setterified or getterfied" name of the propery specified in the config is actually looked
up.  So basically, you can reference a non existing property, as long as it translates into
a setter or getter that exists, irregardless of whether the property exists.

Also, sometimes you can annotate a setter or getter and change the name of thw property associated
with it.  If the Aries guys didn't respond with that, maybe it's not an option.  I'd give
my first suggestion a try.. it's not pretty, but it may work.  The setter and getter lookup
is based on a standard conversion of the property name anyhow.

Hope that helps and works.

Ryan
On Jan 7, 2014 6:10 AM, "CLEMENT Jean-Philippe" <jean-philippe.clement@fr.thalesgroup.com<mailto:jean-philippe.clement@fr.thalesgroup.com>>