karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Third-Party Licensing Policy
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 04:44:08 GMT
Hi

It's a difference between inclusion, usage, and reference.

For instance, GPL license is a intrusive license. It means that any
software that use a code under GPL has to be itself under the GPL
license. That's why you can't use GPL in a Apache project. It's the case
for usage, inclusion or reference.
LGPL is a bit permissive in the cave of reference. LGPL is a Category X
for inclusion and usage. It means that it's not possible to use LGPL if
the project embeds some jar under LGPL, or ship some code (like
copy/paste) under LGPL. However, if you just reference the project
without embedding it, and it's an user action to actually download and
add the LGPL jar, it's fine.

Regarding your question:
1/ category A
2/ category A
3/ category A and B
4/ category A and B (and we have to "publish" the changes)
5/ all
6/ category A and B

Regards
JB