karaf-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Mendez <mar...@jitisoft.com>
Subject Re: question about dependent features
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:40:57 GMT
We're always using features:install/uninstall. I've looked at that documentation, but it really
doesn't go deep into the implementation details. Just mentions that there are dependent features.

If these commands don't have a ref count... I don't know what we're going to do.

We have a lot of features, a lot of common dependent features.

On Aug 14, 2013, at 5:32 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Do you use features:install of the features deployer ?
>
> features:uninstall doesn't keep a ref count.
>
> You can take a look in the "Provisioning" chapter of the documentation:
>
> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/users-guide/provisioning.html
>
> Let me know if I can help you about that.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 08/14/2013 11:29 PM, Marcos Mendez wrote:
>> Hmmmm... very strange then. I will have to make some examples with less dependencies
then. I'm seeing some strange behavior - things being restarted.

>> What about uninstall? Does karaf keep a ref count?
>>
>> Is there some documentation or somewhere I can look at to follow the logic, rather
than just looking at the feature deployer code? Perhaps some log setting to see what the deployer
is doing?