karaf-user mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pax web failover/LoadBalancing
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:35:39 GMT
Yes as Charles says Fuse Fabric is 100% open source project hosted at
github. Anyone can use it anyhow they like accordingly to its ASL 2.0
license. So you can fork, contribute, or whatever you want.

Fuse Fabric have IRC chat rooms, mailing lists, issue trackers et all,
and its all open for everyone to look / participate.

So your assumptions is wrong.

You are also wrong about the development being stalled. If you look at
the commits etc
https://github.com/jboss-fuse/fuse/commits/master

For example there has been 1133 commits in 2013.

git log --format=oneline --since 2013-01-01 | wc -l
    1133

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fuse Fabric project is not a proprietary RedHat project/technology and not
> closed at all anymore. This is a OpenSource project, using Apache License
> Model and there are discussions that code move under Apache ServiceMix
> umbrella. You can find it here (https://github.com/jboss-fuse/fuse) and we
> continue to make it a success.
>

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 7:38 AM, amitsaini1976 <AMITSAINI1976TECH@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,  Thanks for the input they are really helpful.
>> 1.) My question is w.r.t the HTTP session migration/replication for the
>> pax
>> web when one of the nodes goes down. Does pax web support Session
>> migration
>> to another Karaf node when one node goes down. It should be easily doable
>> with cellar as it is using the hazelcast. /Can you guys propose this as
>> part
>> of the cellar road map./
>> Jboss is also using Infispan(Distributed cache/data grid) for session
>> migration.
>> 2.) I have seen Fuse Fabric and liked it also. The problem is that it is
>> kind of closed(No further development) since redhat have taken over Fuse.
>> It
>> is available in the form of Jboss Fuse and is opensource(Apache) but is
>> not
>> free for production. I love the fuse fabric but if I have to buy than cost
>> of my Platform will kill my business case. Secondly in the new avatar of
>> Jboss Fuse the fabric routing/loadbalancing using fabric:url/ kind of
>> routing is diluted or removed as it is not mentioned in any of the
>> documentation.
>> 3.) I like cellar(Hazelcast) clustering over fabric(zookeeper) as it will
>> allow me to have business events spanning over multiple nodes without
>> using
>> any activeMQ. There is another issue with cellar incase I am using
>> cxf-dosgi
>> it will run hazelcast as well as zookeeper(for cxf-dosgi).Totally Confused
>> and Jumping around OSGI offering :-). Please let me know for Http session
>> migration of Paxweb.
>>

>> --
>

> --
> Charles Moulliard