karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: question about dependent features
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:49:54 GMT
Do you use OBR resolver ?
Could you explain what you do exactly ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 08/14/2013 11:40 PM, Marcos Mendez wrote:
> We're always using features:install/uninstall. I've looked at that documentation, but
it really doesn't go deep into the implementation details. Just mentions that there are dependent
features.

> If these commands don't have a ref count... I don't know what we're going to do.
>
> We have a lot of features, a lot of common dependent features.
>
> On Aug 14, 2013, at 5:32 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Do you use features:install of the features deployer ?
>>
>> features:uninstall doesn't keep a ref count.
>>
>> You can take a look in the "Provisioning" chapter of the documentation:
>>
>> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/users-guide/provisioning.html
>>
>> Let me know if I can help you about that.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 08/14/2013 11:29 PM, Marcos Mendez wrote:
>>> Hmmmm... very strange then. I will have to make some examples with less dependencies
then. I'm seeing some strange behavior - things being restarted.

>>> What about uninstall? Does karaf keep a ref count?
>>>
>>> Is there some documentation or somewhere I can look at to follow the logic, rather
than just looking at the feature deployer code? Perhaps some log setting to see what the deployer
is doing?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org