karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: question about dependent features
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:21:34 GMT
Hi Marcos,

if the feature is already installed, nothing is performed by Karaf.

Let me take an example. I have the following features:

<feature name="A" version="1.0">
   <feature>foo</feature>
</feature>
<feature name="B" version="1.0">
   <feature>foo</feature>
</feature>

you install feature A, so it will install foo "first".
Now you install feature B, Karaf will check that foo is installed:
- if it is (which is actually the case), it won't do anything on foo
(and its bundles)
- if it is not, it will install foo

Regards
JB