karaf-user mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf 2.3.2: ClassNotFoundException for javax.* packages
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 00:18:17 GMT
Hi,

I think the problem comes from that we endorse xercesImpl jar but not configure the org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation
and org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra correctly.

We should endorse xercesImpl and add xerces related packages in org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation
and org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra of  etc/custom.properties, like what Servicemix
do.

I will take care of it later on.
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: @Freeman小屋

On 2013-8-15, at 上午5:36, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi Ioan,
>
> could you explain what you did ? (just to reproduce it and work on that).
>
> As reminder, we included xercesImpl jar file in the lib/endorsed to fix an "critical"
issue with IBM JDK. Actually, Karaf didn't start at all without xercesImpl in the lib/endorsed
(we had parsing issue on Blueprint especially).

> Depending about your test case, I wonder if it would not be better to remove xercesImpl
from lib/endorsed (as we had before) and add a note for IBM JDK users.